So you’ve invested good money in granite countertops or tiles. Now you’re wondering what you should do to maintain your investment. One of the most important things you can do is to clean granite countertops correctly.
Wondering how the Seal Team One pros clean granite countertops? Look no further! Whether its morning coffee stains or red rings from a nice dinner wine, we can show you how to keep your granite clean and shiny.
Soap & Water Method
It doesn’t get any easier than this. To clean your granite countertops or tiles, you can actually just use soap and water.
- Wash: Fill a small bowl with warm tap water and put a small drop of dish soap in. Dip a soft sponge in the solution and wring it out. Wipe down your entire countertop to remove any crumbs or spills. Be sure not to use the abrasive side of the sponge, as this can sometimes scratch the surface of your natural stone counters.
- Rinse: Rinse the sponge out completely and wipe down your counters a second time to remove all of the soap. Leaving soapy residue behind can cause a film to form on the clean granite countertop.
- Dry: Finally, use a paper towel or soft cloth to completely dry the damp countertop. Easy, huh?
Granite Cleaner/Spray Method
If you’re looking for an even easier way to clean your granite countertops, you can try a dedicated granite cleaner, like the one mentioned in the video below. Daily granite cleaning sprays clean the surface as well as leave a bit of a protective sealing on the counter. Many are non-toxic and safe for the environment.
- Spray: Simply spray the surface of your granite countertop with the daily granite cleaner.
- Wipe: Work the cleaner into the surface with a soft cloth or paper towel.
Watch this video for a professional granite cleaning demonstration. In addition to routine, daily granite cleaning, when you opt for professional granite cleaning and granite restoration services you can maintain the beauty and durability of your granite surfaces. You should also be sure to ask your granite cleaner how often it is necessary to apply a granite sealer to your surfaces.
For professional countertop cleaning and sealing, contact Seal Team One of Kirkland WA for a free estimate.