Year after year, tile proves to be practical, durable, and beautiful when properly maintained. If tile and grout cleaning is in your future, we’ve got some ideas to head you in the right direction.
Tile and Grout Cleaning – DIY or Hire a Professional?
The ambitious DIY homeowner will likely embark on doing the tile and grout cleaning themselves. It’s still good to know when to hire a professional tile and grout cleaning service. We’ll help you navigate through the muck and make an informed decision.
When to Try Tile and Grout Cleaning Yourself
Along with its aesthetic appeal, tile is relatively easy to clean. Let’s get familiar with some basic tile and grout cleaning practices.
- Sweep – always sweep floors with a non-abrasive broom (straw tends to scratch tile) or dust mop. This helps prevent grime from being ground into your tile when you mop. You can also use a vacuum designed for hard floors; use your judgment to determine if your vacuum will get rid of all the debris before mopping.
- Mop – Once floors are free of debris, mop them using a good floor cleaner and warm water. Try adding a touch of dish soap to the warm water to really bring out the color of ceramic tiles.
- Dry mop – Wet floors attract dirt. Once floors have been mopped and are sparkling clean, dry them! This is your best defense against having fresh dirt, grime, and paw prints right back onto your nice clean floors.
- Clean small spills immediately. Most spills need a simple wipe to be cleaned up. Use a paper towel or damp cloth to wipe up small spills that don’t pose a sanitation issue.
- If the spill or mess includes certain raw foods like eggs or meat, or pet urine, you’ll need to clean the area with a mild disinfectant, then wipe with a damp cloth to restore shine to the tiles.
- Consider using area rugs and runners to help prevent small spills from creating bigger hassles. Sometimes it’s easier to throw a rug in the wash than clean and disinfect the tiles.
When to Hire Professional Tile and Grout Cleaning Service
Even the savviest DIY person will experience troublesome situations with tile and grout cleaning. Perhaps the last thing you have available is time, or you’ve got a bad back. Maybe you’re looking at hard water stains? Mold? Mildew? Hire a professional tile and grout cleaning service to get rid of the problem. Mold and Mildew are repeat offenders that nobody wants to invite back.
Let the experts at Seal Team One restore the beauty of your tile and protect it from pet hair, dirt, grime, and dingy color. We’ll have you showing off those floors in no time! Contact us today to schedule tile and grout cleaning with our professionals at Seal Team One.